The BVRLA’s Rental Charter applies to all members involved in the short-term rental of cars and commercial vehicles and forms a brief summary of the specific terms found in this Code of Conduct.
As a member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association we pledge to provide for our customers:
- A vehicle suited to your needs, maintained to the manufacturer’s recommended standards, which has been cleaned and thoroughly checked.
- Access to clear rental terms and conditions prior to any transaction taking place.
- Clear and transparent details of pricing, fuel/battery policies and any excess mileage charges.
- Clear and transparent details of any financial liability relating to the damage, theft or loss of the rental vehicle or its keys, all the available damage and theft protection options, and exceptions to this protection.
- Clear and transparent details of any optional products sold at the point of booking.
- The opportunity to inspect the interior and exterior of the vehicle before the rental to ensure they are in line with the condition stated on the inspection report or rental agreement.
- The opportunity to inspect the vehicle when it is returned at the end of the rental and agree on its condition. If you are not present when the vehicle is inspected, the supplying company will notify you of any new damage found before charging your nominated payment card.
- Our adherence to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association’s Code of Conduct, as set out in this document.
- An effective complaints procedure with access to the Conciliation Service administered by the British Vehicle Leasing and Rental Association.